Hello and greetings from New Hope Vocational Institute. At NHVI we offer 5 courses as part of our regular ministry and training operation. Over the past years we have trained students in Carpentry and Joinery, Bricklaying and Concrete Practice, Motor Vehicle Technician/ Metal working, Textile Arts (Tailoring), and Catering and Hostel Management.
We praise God for the work He is doing in the lives of the young men and women attending our school.
Every year we receive applications from interested students from mid-December to the end of January with school beginning in February. This term opened on February 3, 2014 with the rest of New Hope Uganda’s schools. Each year NHVI graduates about 15 students from all its different courses and our total enrollment for the past years has been about 30- 45 students.
Currently, we have 16 students in their second year training and a few first year students. We are registering more interested students.
We would appreciate your prayers for:
- Students to have a personal relationship with God.
- God’s provision towards our hostel need as we see many people are interested in boarding possibilities. We also see this as an opportunity to reach out to a larger group of young people with the Fatherhood of God through promoting Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.
- More dedicated and committed staffs and particularly for a tailoring teacher to join our staff.
- Community to see the value of vocational education and training and that God would bring the right number for His purpose.
- God’s provisions for children towards their training as most of them are struggling to meet their fees.
- Vocational textbooks, tools, and equipment for the training.
It’s amazing to see some of these students share what God is doing in their lives including a group sharing about their past with their instructor.
Our prayer for these young people is that they would come to a true point of knowing God as their Father even through their training here with us.
We really praise God for the opportunity to join in His work here at the Vocational School.
Onyait Sam, Principal NHVI.