Kasana Community Church
Kasana Community Church meets on the site of Kasana Children’s Center and is made up of the staff and children of New Hope as well as many community members coming from the surrounding areas. The church is led by a team of pastors, elders, and deacons. Kasana Community Church has nearly 400 members.
The church is driven by its mission: “Reconciling nations to God and families through Christ.” This mission is lived out through striving to achieve the following goals:
- To provide a fellowship and community church for the staff, children, Kiwoko Hospital and community surrounding Kasana Children’s Center.
- To reach the relatives and the neighboring communities of the children ministered to with the Gospel.
- To work in partnership with other churches in the community fighting poverty and promoting Biblical living.
- To be a support to rural pastors thru training, enablement, and sharing of opportunities and resources.
- To nurture and multiply Godly families through discipleship of children and church members by sending them into the community as missionaries of a true biblical Christian lifestyle.
- To reach out into hospitals, prisons, schools, as well as the community.
Church members currently reach out in the following ways:
- Hospital outreach to two hospitals twice a month supporting the needy in the community with spiritual and food support.
- Church members regularly visit two prisons in the area twice a month preaching freedom for the captives and hope for their future.
- Widow land project: aiding widows in gaining self sufficiency by leasing them land for food production. The goal is in three years they will own their own land and are food self sufficient.
- Supporting additional local children’s projects. Example: Kito Living Hope, a village school with training, outreach and recently classroom construction.
- Missionaries sponsored locally and abroad (India)
- Emmanuel Youth Outreach (EYO) – Youth Seminars and Outreaches
- Animal traction (ox-plow training) outreach into neighboring communities
- Radio outreach (Musana FM radio)
- Water purification ministry